Monday, November 8, 2010

My Latest Project

Some of you know that I am an aspiring writer. This is a dream of mine that goes all the way back to the 2nd grade when I attended a Young Authors' Conference and wrote a story about a girl and her magical dragon. And now that I think about it I am pretty sure the girl's name was Emily. My mom probably still has a copy of the story so I will have to have her confirm or deny.

Anyway, in May/June 2009 I wrote my first full length novel. I even went so far as to query a whole slew of agents with no luck. But no matter. I actually wrote an entire novel. And now that I know I can do it I am motivated more than ever to make my dreams come true.

I am working on my next project, a young adult novel that I am toying with titling either "Wit Pro" or "Witness Protection". I had an issue with a title for the first novel so I am very proud that I already have a title for this one. I am making creative progress!

The story centers around Krista, a privileged 17 year old girl about to enter her senior year of high school who is in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnesses a horrific murder. When the police discover the killing is mafia related Krista and her family are quickly moved to the middle of nowhere and entered into the Witness Protection program. Now she is the new girl in a town where no one has ever even seen a Gucci bag or pair of Manolo heels in person. Just when she starts to make friends and for the first time ever feel comfortable in her own skin a stranger comes to town who threatens to destroy everything she has struggled to leave behind.

Thoughts? Suggestions? As soon as I get a free minute I am going to post the first chapter to share with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment