Sunday, December 26, 2010

Baked Chicken Parmesan

This is the best (and easiest) chicken parmesan I have ever made. I'm thinking it had something to do with the pasta sauce I used because I've cooked it this way before and never has it been quite as amazing. I know it's a sin to used jarred sauce but I'm not Italian so I'm thinking there is an exception for me. Either way if you are a sauce maker feel free to sub your own.

Servings: 4-6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes



Ingredients:



1 lb thin sliced chicken breast

1 jar Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic pasta sauce

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/2 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1/2 bag shredded mozzarella cheese



Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray or grease with butter. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic powder. Microwave 45 seconds just to blend the two. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and parm cheese. Dip chicken in olive oil & garlic then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place chicken in baking dish. Bake 15 minutes, flip chicken and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cover chicken with pasta sauce and shredded cheese. Cook another 5 minutes. Serve with veggies or a side of pasta.

James claims this was quite possibly the best chicken parm he has ever had. He even compared it to his favorite chicken parm at the Olive Garden which in my book is one of the highest compliments I can receive from my husband.

James rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment